[c-nsp] VLAN Trunking Question

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Sep 11 16:14:26 EDT 2013

Joseph, Like Gert said, I would try this on cata, b, and c...

Cata...
Sh spanning int f0/1
Sh spanning int f0/10

Catb...
Sh spanning int f0/4
Sh spanning int f0/1

Cata...
Sh spanning int f0/17
Sh spanning int f0/1

See if vlan 808 is FWD on all those...

If so, I would then do this...

Cisco 7206A (see what mac address is of 7206A.... then assuming ip of 7206B
is 1.1.1.1...

Sh int vlan 808 | in bia
Ping 1.1.1.1 repeat 100000

Cata...(looking for that mac address of 7206a to show up here... and along
the path)
Sh mac- int f0/1

Catb...(looking for that mac address of 7206a to show up here... and along
the path)
Sh mac- int f0/4

Catc...(looking for that mac address of 7206a to show up here... and along
the path)
Sh mac- int f0/17

Show arp caches on both 7206's...

Repeat in opposite direction to see mac of 7206b being learned in transit
bridge tables going back...

Hopefully by then you will have found the snag...

Cisco 7206A(vlan 808 subinterface)>>-----<<(vlan trunk Fe0/1)CatalystA(vlan
trunk FE0/10) >>-----<< (vlan trunk FE0/4)CatalystB(vlan trunk FE0/1)
>>-----<< (vlan trunk FE0/17)CatalystC(vlan trunk FE0/1) >>-----<< (vlan 808
subinterface)Cisco 7206B

Aaron

p.s. perhaps you could also do that traceroute mac option... (I think you
would get a bia address of 7206a and execute mac trace from CLI of cata
using source mac of 7206a and dest mac of 7206b)