[c-nsp] Cisco Switch Portfolio Miss

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Sep 12 16:50:24 EDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-12 at 15:28 -0400, Chris Evans wrote:
> Have you guys ever looked at the HP 5900 series??

We're evaluating some 5900AF now. Hardware wise we have nothing to
criticise them for, but we have mostly tested software for now. HP
Comware 7 (the OS) is IMHO quite "special" even compared to Comware 5,
the latter being the saner of the two. (HP 7500 uses this.)

People who like Comware will probably like them, but being accustomed to
IOS (with all its faults) I have had a hard time getting used to the HP
way of thinking.

--
Peter