[c-nsp] old 6509 trying to drive me insane :-)

Joe Pruett joey at q7.com
Mon Sep 16 20:18:16 EDT 2013

On 09/16/2013 04:31 PM, Joe Pruett wrote:
> so, i'm hoping someone here can provide one of the following:
>
> 1. old 7.1 rommon image i can flash
> 2. clue about why the newest 12.2 rommon doesn't see disk0 as a dev, and
> thinks bootflash is corrupt
> 3. a way to get cisco to stop making things so complicated :-)

i was able to come up with the 7.1 image and that did the trick. i'm
still a bit confused about why the newest rommon image doesn't have
disk0 available, but whatever. i have found some old discussion about
the v6 issue on sup2, which implies that even sup720 does a lot of v6 in
software. does you have to jump all the way to a sup2t for better v6
handling? or is the 6500 just not the platform for that? for now, i
think we'll probably be fine even with the sup2, but i'm curious if we
have forklift in our future...