[c-nsp] WiSM: base-ap-count licence installation problems

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Sep 19 00:54:59 EDT 2013

We bought a licence pack allowing 100 additinal APs to join WiSM. Now,
the licence refuses to install and I cannot find the reason why. There
is a TAC case open but all TAC does is to access screenshots of the
licence information shown by the web gui even though the same info was
sent them already pasted from the cli.

The problem:

(wism) >show license summary

License Store: Primary License Storage
StoreIndex:  0  Feature: base                              Version: 1.0
        License Type: Permanent
        License State: Active, Not in Use
        License Count: Non-Counted
        License Priority: Medium
License Store: Primary License Storage
StoreIndex:  1  Feature: base-ap-count                     Version: 1.0
        License Type: Permanent
        License State: Inactive
        License Count: 500 / 0 (Active/In-use)
        License Priority: Medium
License Store: Primary License Storage
StoreIndex:  2  Feature: base-ap-count                     Version: 1.0
        License Type: Permanent
        License State: Active, In Use
        License Count: 700 /700 (Active/In-use)
        License Priority: Medium
License Store: Evaluation License Storage
StoreIndex:  0  Feature: base-ap-count                     Version: 1.0
        License Type: Evaluation
        License State: Inactive
            Evaluation total period:  8 weeks  4 days
            Evaluation period left:  8 weeks  4 days
        License Count: 500 / 0 (Active/In-use)
        License Priority: None

(wism) >license install tftp://tftp-server/file.lic

Transfering licenses from tftp://tftp-server/file.lic

0/1 licenses were successfully installed
0/1 licenses were existing licenses
1/1 licenses were failed to install

Failed license installation at index:0 : New count is less than existing
count

As you can see, there are multiple base-ap-count licences. We deleted
the licence having index 1 but it didn't help. The box refuses to delete
the evaluation licence.

Could the reason be that the base-ap-count licence having count 700 is
of the followin type?

License type: Permanent
License Addition: Exclusive
License Count: 700
Comment:
Store Name: Primary License Storage

The new licence we're trying to add is an additive one. Does the
exclusive mean that you cannot add any licences of the same type to the
system? We asked this from TAC but either they didn't understand the
question or they just simply ignored it.

Cheers,

Matti