[c-nsp] Access to CCO - "sso.cisco.com" over IPv6

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Fri Sep 20 06:34:50 EDT 2013

Hi

I've been having intermittent problems logging into CCO in the last few
weeks - and the troubleshooting I've done so far seems to indicate the
problem only occurs when I'm connecting to it over IPv6.  It seems the
actual authentication to www.cisco.com is handled by a site with
hostname sso.cisco.com.

There are both A and AAAA records for it in DNS, and it resolves
consistently across multiple locations.  It looks like this isn't one of
the CDN delivered components of the site.

The end accepts the IPv6 connection and refuses to send data, eventually
closing the connection and timing out.   The IPv4 connection works fine.
  Tested with port 80.

Emails to TAC so far have solicited responses along the lines of
restarting the PC/clearing browser caches/clearing cookies/changing
browsers etc trying to push it back on me despite it happening on at
least two different machines across a period of time including a newly
installed VM and appearing broken even with a telnet client manual test.

Is anyone else who has IPv6 access and who is accessing cisco.com over
IPv6 had issues to this site in the past 2-3 weeks?  I get the feeling
that IPv6 access to parts of CCO systems isn't well monitored,
blogs.cisco.com was completely broken over IPv6 some weeks back for a
while, but it came good after I posted a comment on there stating it was
broken (from IPv4 only work).

Maybe one of those dodgy Cisco load balancers is upset again and needs a
restart ;)

Or is there someone on here from Cisco who knows who/how to poke to get
this looked at?

Thanks,
Reuben