[c-nsp] interesting ASR 9k bgp multipath issue

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Apr 1 00:38:36 EDT 2014

>Yes, I did, but my point is that behavior is not the same or at least
>appears not to be the same on IOS, I want ibgp multipath but only for
>things with matching IGP metrics, is there a way to tweak that.

IOS also behaves the same if configured the same (with maximum-paths
eigbp).. as Jared pointed out, you want to enable "maximum-paths ibgp <n>"
(and possibly "maximum-paths ebgp <n>" if you also want to load-share eBGP
peers).

the configuration of
 maximum-paths eibgp <n>
is not a shortcut for and hence is different to
 maximum-paths ibgp <n>
 maximum-paths ebgp <n>

	oli