[c-nsp] comingle efp's (service instances) with legacy swithport trunk

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Fri Apr 11 12:31:43 EDT 2014

Can you do this ? . comingle efp's (service instances) with legacy swithport
trunk?  Me3600x 15.2(4)S3

I had something today where I have efp's (si's) on a port handing-off into a
bgp ad vpls..

I also had a switchport trunk vlan allow ### on another port, which I was
hoping to be in the same bridging instance.

The bridge-domain number on the efps was the same as the vlan number on the
switchport trunk style.  BUT the "sh bridge-domain 12" only showed the
bridge domain local efps and vpls remote locations. NOT the switchport trunk
vlan 12 legacy port.

I converted the legacy port to efp and all is good now, BUT I was wondering
if there is a way to do briding within same vlan/bridge-domain using new and
old style config

Aaron