[c-nsp] Rosen-Draft MVPN over BVI 4.2.3

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 10:08:44 EDT 2014

On 14/04/14 14:43, Vitkovský Adam wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Has anyone tried running Rosen-Draft MVPN over BVI as PE-CE interface on XR 4.2.3?
> I'm having a hard time getting it to work.
> The MVPN portion works just fine it's just the data-plane that has some issues.
> Specifically the (*,G) state is created but the (S,G) is not created.

I have no experience on XR or BVI, but one random thought to throw in;
are you using P-ASM or P-SSM? I've had problems with recent IOS / NX-OS
releases using P-ASM, and have since moved to P-SSM with BGP mdt; my
guess is that the P-ASM code is not widely used and has bit-rotted at
Cisco's end.

I mention this because the symptoms I saw were similar to what you
describe - (*,g) would form, but no (s,g).