[c-nsp] ASR-1K and 3rd party sfps

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 00:39:40 EDT 2014

We've seen really weird behavior with third party SFPs in the past.
NHR has been surprisingly solid for us across all out platforms so far
*knock on wood*.

We've got some Finisar-branded SFPs in our ASR which work nicely (but
that's expected since Finisar is the OEM, IIRC, for Cisco's SFPs).

Actually...check this out.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11445646/advice-needed-cisco-asr-1002-routers-sfps

The GLC-T don't appear to be supported on first glance.  The GE-T are.
  Since your vendor calls them GLC-T (even though they claim to be
GE-T), that might be your issue?

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:17 PM, CiscoNSP List
<cisconsp_list at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ive got some ASR1006's with SPA-5X1GE with NHR Gb copper SFP's that work fine....dont have any 1002-X's to test sorry.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0