[c-nsp] Hierarchical FIB on Cisco 7600

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:56:47 EDT 2014

Hierarchical FIB is not enabled by default on 7600 and you must enable "cef
table output-chain build favor convergence-speed" like you mention.

Turning it on should have no impact. Turning it off could see a route
reprogram event and could cause packet loss while it happens. As with
everything, use caution.

The difference in commands is mainly in relation to software/memory. This
has the biggest impact on software based platforms like the 7200 but you'll
see an uptick in RP/SP memory usage by enabling, but only changes how
routes are built in hardware.