[c-nsp] Cisco CGN question

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Apr 25 17:22:53 EDT 2014

Pavel,

On 25 Apr 2014, at 14:07, Pavel Dimow <paveldimow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lukasz,
>
> I saw that, but I am confused with CGN terminology and license.
> Cisco says I need separate license for CGN and separate license for NAT64, yet they can't be used together.
> More over, they say you can have NAT 256000 sessions per box or you can have 500000 CGN sessions.
> Can I buy CGN license and have 500000 NAT64 sessions or CGN is NAT44 sessions only?

Both licenses are RTU and interchangeable. The limits you’re about
to hit come from ESP scalability, not from license enforcement.

Who’s your Partner? I can make sure somebody from Cisco in your
country will help you in discussing the proper configuration
(I’m from Cisco and based in Poland).

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
 you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
 about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net