[c-nsp] BGP Signalled VPLS

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Apr 29 10:38:18 EDT 2014

I see in rfc4761 type configs for bgp signaled vpls that they make use of
"bgp graceful-restart"

If my pe's all neighbor only with a route reflector, must I also enable
graceful-restart on the route reflector as well ?

I did it on my pe's only at this point and I see that the neighbor sessions
have graceful advertised, but not received.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1#sh bgp vpnv4 u neighbors | in race
Tue Apr 29 09:37:35.931 CDT
  Graceful restart is enabled
    Graceful Restart capability advertised
    Graceful Restart capability advertised
    Graceful Restart capability advertised
  Graceful restart is enabled
    Graceful Restart capability advertised
    Graceful Restart capability advertised
    Graceful Restart capability advertised

eng-lab-3600-2#sh bgp vpnv4 unicast all neighbors | in race
    Graceful Restart Capability: advertised
  Graceful-Restart is enabled, restart-time 120 seconds, stalepath-time 360
seconds
    Graceful Restart Capability: advertised
  Graceful-Restart is enabled, restart-time 120 seconds, stalepath-time 360
seconds

Aaron