[c-nsp] cisco ISR 881

Andrew Jones Andrew.Jones at alphawest.com.au
Wed Apr 30 02:03:18 EDT 2014

You could be hitting export control limits.

The smaller platforms are limited to the throughputs mentioned in your second document in order to meet export control requirements. Only the larger platforms can exceed these amounts with a HSEC license, but unfortunately this license isn't available on the smaller platforms such as the 880 series.

Also, you need to half the throughput mentioned in the document, as it lists the aggregate throughput. I.e. 50mbps in both directions = 100mbps (ingress and egress)

Have a look at the log of the router when you are performing the test, if you are hitting this limit there should be a log entry indicating this.

Cheers,

Andrew Jones