[c-nsp] Simple ACL not working 7600

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Aug 4 22:08:48 EDT 2014

On Aug 5, 2014, at 9:01 AM, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm not in the position to dictate which routers my residential subscribers use on their broadband connection,

Is there anything in your AUP about customers running abusable services?  If not, it might be time to consider revising it.

The AUP is the single most effective security tool a network operator has, if it's both complete and enforced (the second most effective security tool a network operator has is the RFP).

> and the quantity of subs (over 1000) makes forcing them to remediate nigh impossible.

Do you have some sort of capture/quarantine system to force a subscriber browsing the Web into a portal which can be used to display a page telling them that they've an issue they must remediate?  If not, it might be a good idea to look at implementing one.

                   Equo ne credite, Teucri.

    		   	  -- Laocoön