[c-nsp] Adjusting TCAM allocation weird behavior on 7600

Rod James Bio rjubio at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:03:04 EDT 2014

Hi, I'd like to ask anyone in the group who owns cisco 7600 if they had
experience when they adjusted the allocation to increase the maximum
routes for ipv4 etc. We are near the 512K ipv4 limit (~509K) for the
7600 (default size) and I tried adjusting the tcam allocation by running:

mls cef maximum-routes ip 750
mls cef maximum-routes ipv6 100
mls cef maximum-routes mpls 10
mls cef maximum-routes ip-multicast 28

But after rebooting the whole box I got an error,
"Maximum routes config mismatch. reconfigure the maximum routes values
and reload the box" (Sorry this is all I copied from the console)
and the tcam was back to the default values.

I have a dual RSP720-3CXL-10GE sups on sso mode and
c7600rsp72043-adventerprisek9-mz.153-1.S1.bin if those info help.

Thanks,