[c-nsp] Adjusting TCAM allocation weird behavior on 7600

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Tue Aug 5 11:17:41 EDT 2014

Your maximum must add up correctly.
The current settings do not equal 1024.
Multicast and IPv6 count for two each.

The easiest way to ensure this is working properly is to not set ip and mpls.

Our configuration is:

mls cef maximum-routes ipv6 192
mls cef maximum-routes ip-multicast 1

For what you want, you would do:

mls cef maximum-routes ipv6 100
mls cef maximum-routes ip-multicast 28
no mls cef maximum-routes ip 750
no mls cef maximum-routes mpls 10

The MPLS and ip will be shared and equal.

Mack McBride | Network Architect | ViaWest, Inc.