[c-nsp] OSPFv3 Multiple Address Families Support in IOS

Christopher Werny cwerny at ernw.de
Tue Aug 5 13:48:22 EDT 2014

Dear list,

I noticed that support for multiple address families in OSPFv3 was added in recent IOS versions.  I am currently thinking about updating the IOS version on my routers and subsequently consolidating OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 into OSPFv3 for both IPv4 and IPv6.

Has anyone done this before and can share some experience with it? What are (in your opinion) the pros and cons of the aforementioned consolidation of OSPFv2/v3 into only OSPFv3?

Thanks in advance for your time and feedback.

Best,
Christopher