[c-nsp] Adjusting TCAM allocation weird behavior on 7600

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Fri Aug 8 10:09:00 EDT 2014

On 8/7/14 6:04 PM, Rod James Bio wrote:
> One question, if I had a "confreg 0x0" on my standby-sup shouldn't it
> stopped booting when I did a reload command, as I mentioned earlier?
Maybe 0x0 isn't the value I'm thinking of, but I've personally
experienced a situation where a config-register mismatch SP/RP caused
the SP to boot configless, then pass control over to the RP configful.
As a result, the PFC initialized with the settings (or lack thereof) for
the SP, but the RP initialized with the settings in the config.  In my
case, it was a single-sup box, and therefore it scheduled a mandatory
reboot for now+5m (repeatedly, I might add, until the problem was
fixed).  In your case with dual sups, it may not be forcing a mandatory
reboot for the standby supervisor, but you could end up in a strange
state or one with a mandatory reboot should a switchover occur.

What have you found on the standby SP so far?

pt