[c-nsp] ASR1001 RAM

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 03:11:14 EDT 2014

> A related question - can the 1002 with RP1 be upgraded with third party
> memory? Mine has 4g on it but before I roll into production if there's a
> cheap upgrade, might as well do it.

Nope, RP1's memory can't be upgraded, it think because the CPU is 32bit.
32bit also means less memory consumption compared to 64bit.

I have RP1's running the full table in a MPLS VPN and they don't have
any problems currently, but I'm not really comfortable anymore with
this config. I would suggest RP2 if you run with the full bgp table.

Lukas