[c-nsp] 7600: "show archive" triggers never ending loop and high CPU

Grischa Stegemann gs at plusline.de
Mon Aug 18 09:32:49 EDT 2014

Am 18.08.14 um 15:15 schrieb Nick Hilliard:
> Assuming the session is on vty 2, try this command:
> [...]
> Router#clear tcp tcb 0BF3AF80

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently I have no machine in the lab for
testing anymore. But I will keep this in mind.

Anyway, I have reproduced the error on the ssh-vty as well as on the
serial console. In the latter case there won't be any tcp socket to clear.

> If this doesn't clear the session and stop the problem, then probably you
> will need to reload the router.  I'd recommend doing this in a maintenance
> window.

Of course, but if the box is supposed to do BGP you cannot sit and wait
for a maintenance window with the CPU locked up at 100%.

> BTW, did you try removing the archive configuration to see if that
> helped?

No, I have not tried that.

Regards,
Grischa