[c-nsp] Galvanic isolation for Ethernet?

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Mon Aug 18 11:50:37 EDT 2014

Well let’s be current, most POTS providers run the wire as little as possible meaning they deploy a remote terminal to the neighborhood and then just run the cables from that point to the homes etc.  Even there you have gas discharge cans on each punch down that protect the shelves.  I’ve had good luck with gas discharge methods but I was worried about lightning strikes and proximity exposure to lightning.  Grounding wasn’t an issue in my case.