[c-nsp] LNS question asr 1002

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Mon Aug 18 12:50:26 EDT 2014

You may actually want to look at summarizing this. The best practice would be to have a per-LNS pool (either locally managed or from RADIUS) and advertise the summary from the LNS up to the network.
You may need to redistribute also connected routes for "fixed IP" services where a user may have a custom IP from the RADIUS.

Not summarizing means that every connection (and disconnection) is a BGP update driving your CPU utilization across the BGP domain...

Arie