[c-nsp] ASR9k 4.3.4 vs 5.1.3

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Aug 21 12:04:09 EDT 2014

On 21/08/2014 16:48, Vitkovský Adam wrote:
> I'm wondering what influenced your decision to go/risk it with 5.1.x rather than 4.3.4 ?

the boxes were shipped with it.  There were a bunch of PWHE enhancements
that looked interesting at the time although we didn't end up using them in
the end.  We did consider downgrading to 4.3.4 before deployment but ended
up not doing it because we didn't run into trouble in pre- production.  As
it turns out, we aren't using the features which seem to have caused
trouble for other people.

I have a couple more boxes on 4.3.4 and have no plans to upgrade for some
while.  They're stable and don't cause trouble.

Nick