[c-nsp] MTU on XR

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Mon Aug 25 09:01:40 EDT 2014

Yeah it's very confusing.
Personally I don't trust the auto adjustment as it doesn't always work out as expected.
So I hardcode the MTU on sub-interfaces(L2 and L3) based on the number of tags.

Also my experience is that on the (l2transport) interfaces the Pseudowire MTU is adjusted automatically based on the tag rewrite operation performed so on the remote(IOS) end of the PW you need to adjust the interface MTU based on the XR interface MTU - L2 overhead and + or - the number of push-ed or pop-ed tags respectfully.

adam