[c-nsp] Remote LFA Deployments on ASR9K/ME3600X/ME3800X/ASR903

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Thu Aug 28 04:11:56 EDT 2014

A while back we experienced several occurrences of an issue on me3600 where all transit traffic got dropped (traffic originated/terminated on the box itself worked) when VLAN interface was primary link and newly configured physical interface was computed as a backup. As soon as the physical interface was disabled the traffic was restored.
Since then we are not using VLAN interfaces anywhere in the core.

Not sure whether this was LFA or rLFA related. I'd say this was just pure LFA.

adam