[c-nsp] 3750 stack(2 switches) - High CPU for an hour?

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 04:21:37 EST 2014

Hi Everyone,

Strange situation on the weekend...started losing OSPF adjacencies to devices connected to(through) a 3750 stack (The 3750 is only doing L2, so routers connected together via the 3750)...It lasted ~1 hour (Happened while I was on a plane, so the only info I have are logs and snmp graphs)....CPU hit ~85%, traffic on all ports was "normal", PPS was "normal", switch didnt reboot and nothing at all in the logs....If the switch got hit with a mac flood or loop, I would have thought it would have a logged "something"?

Any suggestions on what else could have caused this?

Cheers.