[c-nsp] Cisco 6509-V-E switch sup2t engine recommend IOS version

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Dec 2 08:45:50 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 15:55 +0800, Xuhu NSP wrote:
> Hi folks, we are starting to use this platform, any idea which IOS
> version is quite stable? I checked in Cisco down website saying
> suggested version is 15.0.1-sy7a.
>
> Our feature requirement is quite simple, normal QOS marking and WRR,
> layer 2 switching is needed also.

We've been using IOS 15.0(1)SY6 with success for some time, and more
recently we have upgraded to IOS 15.0(1)SY7a with no problems so far. We
primarily use these devices as PE routers in an MPLS L3VPN network.

You could also try IOS 15.1. If you happen to have any Sup720 devices in
your network then keep in mind that IOS 15.0 doesn't support those, but
IOS 15.1 does. I have no experience with IOS 15.1. We tried IOS 15.1
when we started using Sup2T but were hit by a Netflow related bug
(CSCui17732) and the fix for this first appeared in IOS 15.0(1)SY6, some
time before IOS 15.1(1)SY3 which also fixed it. So we chose the 15.0
release to get the fix faster.

--
Peter