[c-nsp] 3750 stack(2 switches) - High CPU for an hour?

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 14:10:16 EST 2014

Thanks for the reply - Yes, we have also been hit with snmp/high CPU...and we have storm control on cust ports.

It coincided with a customer making some changes to there network(That connects to this switch stack) just before the high cpu issue, and resolved itself...but as I said, nothing logged (It is also configured to send snmp traps for high CPU, but no traps were sent)....anyway, 2 days of stability, then it occurred again yesterday(Only much more briefly(30seconds)....again, nothing logged, no traps...it then occurred again ~1hour later, same symptoms. I tried creating a test vlan(As it is also configured to send trap if vlan is created/deleted) - This also caused high CPU(Nothing logged, no traps, and some OSPF adjaceny up/downs)....So, did an emergency replacement of the switch(Swapped it out with a 4948).