[c-nsp] TCN's - Causing brief outages on ASR1K

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:51:07 EST 2014

Thanks for all the replies.

Just an update to this - No issues for 4 days (with  spanning-tree portfast trunk enabled on trunk port from 4948 -> ASR), then this morning, another TCN was received on an AGG port(On the 4948) to a carrier (The TCN's (Since we are now looking for them)) seem to only arrive on 2 ports...both being carrier AGG ports, with multiple vlans, and to the same carrier.....we do not have any visibility into the carriers network

This TCN did also cause OSPF+LDP flaps on the ASR....again, only for a ~5seconds

It's "RRR"(So highest priority) with TAC, but we are still in the same place we were over a week ago.....as you can imagine, customers are not impressed!