[c-nsp] Cisco Nexus 9500

Gustav UHLANDER gustav.ulander at steria.se
Mon Dec 29 04:21:44 EST 2014

Hello Skeeve.
We are running the smaller 9300 series platform and in our experience there is still some bugs and missing features that are still there.
We are missing multihomed FEXes for instance.
We have also had some issues with some features that was in the documentation but when asking TAC why the commands aren't there we where informed that the platform didn't have support for it and that they would remove it from the documentation (MP-BGP in that case).
It seems that the platform isn't quite ready yet and that new features is being added with each and every new release of software.
I cannot say if the same is true for the 9500 platform but I suspect it is seeing as the two are more or less the same platform as I understand it. Could be wrong on that one though.

Bästa hälsningar / Best regards,

Gustav Uhlander
Senior Communication & Infrastructure Engineer

Steria AB
Kungsbron 13
Box 169
SE-101 23  Stockholm