[c-nsp] ASA5520 latency & OSPF drops

Octavio Alvarez alvarezp at alvarezp.ods.org
Sat Feb 1 13:23:37 EST 2014

On 02/01/2014 08:27 AM, Adam Greene wrote:

> Every so often (it started three months ago, about once per month, now it's
> about once per week, but it's not regular), we're getting very high latency
> on pings from our Internal Network to the ASA5520, and the OSPF adjacency
> between the 3750 and the ASA5520 is dropping. The issue was lasting about 60
> seconds each time up to this morning, when it lasted about 3 hours. Ugh!
>
> Pings from the Internal Network to the 3750 and 2950G are fine.

What about pings from the external world to the ASA?

ALso, I'd increase logging verbosity to a Syslog server with an
interface connected to each side of the ASA.

And I'd also be prepared to do a packet capture on both sides of the ASA
for the next time it happens.

You mention spares (I assume cold spares) but also OSPF, do you have
your devices HA?