[c-nsp] CPU profiling

Cydon Satyr cydonsatyr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 03:44:14 EST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to do profiling on cpu process that's occasionally 100% (PDU
DISPATCHER).
This is what I'm using:

process cpu threshold type total rising 50 interval 5 falling 30 interval 5
!
event manager applet profile_snmp_start
event syslog pattern ".*SYS-1-CPURISINGTHRESHOLD.*"
  action 0 cli command "enable"
  action 1 cli command "clear profile"
  action 2 cli command "profile task 708"
  action 3 cli command "profile 08000000 0FFFFFFF 4"
!
event manager applet profile_snmp_stop
event syslog pattern ".*SYS-1-CPUFALLINGTHRESHOLD.*"
  action 0 cli command "enable"
  action 1 cli command "profile stop"

When I do it from cli myself, it works. Whan I wait for EEM to do it, it
never does. I see it matches syslog event, but when I log in and try "show
profile terse", nothing is there.

Anyone?

Kind Regards