[c-nsp] Sup720 - FIB full, software switching

Lobo lobotiger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 10:24:56 EST 2014

One other thing I noticed from your email and something that we've
experienced in the past as well.  I think it may also be related to
hitting the TCAM limit but check to see if you have this command enabled:

mls rate-limit unicast cef receive 10000 255

According to Cisco, that command will automatically get added to your
config when the tables get full.  That command will start to drop
packets and unless you look for it you wouldn't know it's there because
generally it's not.  All BGP sessions appear normal and none of your
interfaces show full yet you're still dropping packets.  Cisco advised
us to increase the receive to 1000000 to avoid any possible issues in
the future.

Thanks to the other replies about having to reload the switch to clear
the TCAM exception.  I didn't know that once you hit it that the only
way to fix it was to completely reload the box.

Jose