[c-nsp] transparent lan via asr9k and calix c7 (ftth olt)

Walter Keen walter.keen at rainierconnect.net
Thu Feb 13 18:36:40 EST 2014

On the Calix E7 solution with GPON ONT's, which is a little different than the C7, we have to enable TLS or transparent LAN ('PON TLAN' in the CMS gui) for the vlan that gets transported.
this is the feature, at least in the E7 GPON, that is required for CDP, and multicast traffic (most notably OSPF) to not be dropped.
All of our Calix GPON use is strictly providing layer 2 transport and not using their layer 3 features.

I would guess that Calix would use the same terminology in the C7 as in the E7.

Walter Keen
Network Engineer
RAINIER CONNECT

C 253.302.0194