[c-nsp] Failed TestSPRPInbandPing

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Sat Feb 15 04:04:35 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 07:09:57PM +0300, Ahmed Hilmy wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> Kindly, our node 7606 has been reloaded due to below log:
> %CONST_DIAG-SP-2-HM_SUP_CRSH: Supervisor crashed due to unrecoverable
> errors, Reason: Failed TestSPRPInbandPing
> c7600rsp72043_rp-ADVIPSERVICES-M), Version 12.2(33)SRB2

You have read this?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/71095-6500-system-crash-ts.html

    If there is any corruption in the TCAM entries, the SPRPInbandPing
    test can fail. If the test, ran as part of Cisco Generic Online
    Diagnostics (GOLD), fails 10 times consecutively, then the supervisor
    engine can crash.

    In order to resolve the issue, upgrade the Cisco IOS software to a
    release not affected by Cisco bug ID CSCsc33990 (registered customers
    only) .

    If health-monitoring is enabled on the device and complete diagnostics
    is configured during the startup, then the supervisor can crash at
    the time of the boot process.

    Health-monitoring and complete diagnostics conflict with each
    other for some tests. As a workaround, disable either of them,
    which depends on your requirement.

Search for the error message - first hit ... 12.2(33)SRB2 is affected says
the list ...

Flo