[c-nsp] RAM thing

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Feb 17 15:53:18 EST 2014

On (2014-02-17 19:13 +0000), Phil Mayers wrote:

> As someone else has pointed out, the Cisco description is of a
> sudden hard failure triggered by a power cycle, not some kind of
> progressive degradation AFAICT.
>
> Do you have information to the contrary?

No. It was more of a general question of what type of memory failure is
acceptable and will we pay premium for product which has more graceful
failure-modes.

I recently ran into (likely) memory issue which caused sporadic corruption in
IP header, had it occurred anywhere else than IP headers or were we IPv6 only,
it would have been invisible to me. Is there 98.7% probability that some kit
in my network is currently corrupting packets outside header?

--
  ++ytti