[c-nsp] Multicast "NAT"

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 17:37:26 EST 2014

In IOS or IOS XR, is there a way to convert an IGMPv3 join to one S,G into
a join to a different S,G?

For example, if a device on a router joins 10.1.1.1 / 232.1.1.1, is there a
way to translate that to 20.2.2.2 / 232.2.2.2?

I'm thinking of a case where the original S,G is unavailable but we don't
have the ability to change the configuration on the receiver. Can we
translate it on the router? I've never heard of such a thing but I think I
may have run across a case where I need it.

Thanks!