[c-nsp] 7200VXR to ASR upgrade

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Thu Feb 20 03:21:15 EST 2014

'Morning,

Am 19.02.2014 um 18:04 schrieb Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de>:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 04:32:52PM +0000, Aled Morris wrote:
>> They would but I believe "basic" BGP and OSPF are in IP BASE so it isn't
>> needed in this case, unless you need some specific features like BFD or
>> OSPFv3 for IPv6.
>
> *sigh*.  There goes the promise "if an image has feature X for IPv4, and
> X exists for IPv6, it will be in the same feature set".
>
> I *hate* it if they do that, make "feature X for IPv6" require a more
> expensive license than for IPv4.

Seconded. They specifically teach everyone at the RIPE classes, and I figure
the same holds for the other RIRs: Don’t make IPv6 a separate product - you
are selling "the Internet“ and IPv6 is an integral part of that just like v4.

Seems like some product managers don’t attend the right classes ;-) :-/

Kind regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100