[c-nsp] SPA Module compatibility

Fri Feb 21 09:27:26 EST 2014

I would agree with Gert.  We actually replaced some legacy equipment with 3925E routers, which left me having to support a single DS3 and an ATM OC3.  Since then I have replaced these legacy circuits with a 200mbit Ethernet, and a 300mbit Ethernet link with no monthly cost change.  Each carrier was happy to upgrade the circuit with no contract changes or installation charges.

Ethernet connectivity is being pushed by the majority of the carriers I have been working with and many of them will even have discussions about providing redundant pathing into our facility going back to separate CO's.  In the case of Level3, they actually just included this free of charge which beats the heck out of a single pathed DS3.

Thanks,
Blake