[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 packet loss

naresh reddy nareshbtech at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 09:12:45 EST 2014

Hi phil/Velimir

its our edge router a 6500 with sup 3b
its has SVIs  and the isp terminates on the same device

when reaching a desitination we are loosing packets when sources form some vlans but not in other

int vlan 1  ------->
bgp peer int---------------------->DESintation
int vlan 2  ------->

|<-------same 6500--->

Nareshchandra Paturi

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:35 PM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

On 26/02/14 13:02, naresh reddy wrote:
> Hi All
>
> i am seeing a wierd issue on a 6500
>
> wee are seeing packet loss to a remote location when sourced form some SVIs
>
> but not when sourced from some other SVis

That's a bit vague. You'll need to be more specific about topology and
config for people to help you. Please specify software and module
version/types, sample config of SVIs and ports they're on.

As someone else points out, it could be a faulty link. Have you checked
the "sh int" counters?

Alternatively it could be TCAM mis-program, and CPU punt; you can use
SPAN/ERSPAN to check this.