[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 packet loss

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Feb 27 08:45:55 EST 2014

On (2014-02-26 07:27 -0800), naresh reddy wrote:

> I did verfy form a couple of lookup websites and the trace goes through the same path
>
> but cant verify from the remote end
> have raised a issue with the remote end operation waiting for them to get back to me

This would be complicated to debug in own network with 11 hopes, with Internet
and no visibility to other side it may not be possible solve.

What you could try is add secondary addresses on your 'working' VLAN, like 10
addresses in row. And source ping from each of them. If you observe packet
loss on some address in 'working' then we can pretty safely assume it's
ECMP/802.1AX issue somewhere in path.

--
  ++ytti