[c-nsp] Re-licensing secondhand Cisco equipment

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Tue Jan 7 19:26:35 EST 2014

For some hardware, especially the fixed-chassis Catalysts, there is a
"limited lifetime warranty" that is supposed to include software
updates, particularly those related to security defects and known
release defects.

However, the current TAC "downloads" will show releases, but requests a
login to actually download.  I don't have a non-contracted login to try
to see if this works for an arbitrary "warranty" download, or to what
extent it covers software updates.  I'd very much like to know the
official process :)

Jeff