[c-nsp] SPAN destination on oversubscribed module

Jiri Prochazka jiri.prochazka at superhosting.cz
Thu Jan 9 14:33:40 EST 2014

Hi,

mapping of ports on WS-X6708-10GE to ASIC's is quite different. It's
very common mistake.

First ASIC is mapped to ports ((1,4),(5,7)), second ASIC is mapped to
ports ((2,3),(6,8)).

Capacity of inner pairs is 16Gbit, quadruples are 20Gbit.

You can try to switch module to the performance mode (oversubscribed
ports will be shutdowned - "no hw-module slot x oversubscription"

It will disable ports 4,7,3,8.

All the best,

Jiri