[c-nsp] 2960S vlan ACL eating some L2 transit packets!?

MANISH chaurasia.manish at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 16:53:17 EST 2014

let me put it this way

CEF is doing the job of receiving and transmitting the packets in and out
of the box as fast as it can for normal processing with out any help from
CPU.

the packets that needs special treatment like your denied statement
logging, it transfers those packets to CPU for further processing, but
before it can do that packets are put in to holding buffer in case CPU is
busy, now what if your buffer has already some packets waiting to be
processed by CPU there is no room for the packet that came in last so those
packets are dropped.

this is the best the way I understand, experts can chime me.

-Manish