[c-nsp] Bug or feature? 7600s "forgetting" service policy

Xuhu jstuxuhu0816 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 07:50:08 EST 2014

Which line card u r running, I tested previous and found some line card will reset dscp value by default, some will trust, e.g ES+ card.

Br,

On 15 Jan, 2014, at 12:27 pm, John Neiberger <jneiberger at gmail.com> wrote:

We seem to run into this fairly often and I'm curious about it. We use
service policies for ingress DSCP marking. Occasionally, an interface won't
mark the traffic despite being configured correctly. The output of "show
mls qos ip <interface>" will show zero packets marked. We've found that
removing the service policy and adding it back resolves the problem.

I've never noticed the trigger for this until today when a module reloaded.
When it came back up, several interfaces and vlans associated with the line
card never started making traffic until we removed and reapplied the
policy.

I always thought this was a software bug. We almost always saw it on 12.2,
but today's incident was on 15.1(3).

Do any of you have any evidence with this problem? Any idea if it's a
software problem or just some funky quirk of the platform?

Thanks,
John