[c-nsp] ME3600 autoroute & 10G EFP issues

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed Jan 15 09:14:39 EST 2014

> > The primary reason it's L2 was because we had a slow
> > migration from ME3400s/MRV OS912s to ME3600s.  There
> > were connection points in the ring that required L2
> > because of intra-ring L2 services we were providing to
> > customers.
>
> You could put all these inside EoMPLS (or VPLS).

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but there wasn't any way I could do this - they were core nodes in the ring - for bi-directional communication across the ring, I needed them IP-adjacent to other core ring nodes.  It's a moot point now, since all our rings are now either all ME3400 or all ME3600, with new rings being completely ME3600.

> Do test rLFA as well.

Next on the list - already converted to routed interfaces in the lab in preparation. :-)  Any caveats I should be aware of in a mixed Juniper/Cisco environment?

Thanks for the advice, it's been quite helpful.

-evt