[c-nsp] DWDM

steve at itps.uk.net steve at itps.uk.net
Wed Jan 15 12:44:32 EST 2014

Can anyone give any pointers where to start on DWDM, any good books/blogs
etc?

Ideally looking for a 'idiots guide', I have a good handle of what DWDM can
provide, but I need to be able to understand/explain the components that
form part of a DWDM solution including things like protected rings, failover
mechanisms etc..

I need to investigate this for a client for a mix of fibre channel/Ethernet
over 2 diverse pairs of dark fibre, each pair with its own equipment. And I
need a good understanding before I approach any vendors.

Also - any recommendation on vendors? Looking at around 8 wavelengths
initially but need room to scale, initial thoughts are ciena or transmode.

Also if anyone has done this before and can give a rough price how much this
kit should cost it'd be very handy.

Cheers

Steve