[c-nsp] vs migration from spanning tree to fabricpath

Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland arla at rn.dk
Sat Jan 18 08:06:35 EST 2014

Hi all

I have a question regarding migration from on MST environment to another.
The two MST instance are not like each other.
The plan is to connect the to platforms to each other via a port channel, stop send- or receiving BPDU's on this link, so it's possible to migrate pr VLan
The old is a classic VSS spanning tree, and the new is a Fabricpath setup.
Is there something that we should be aware off here, has anyone experience regarding this.
Do we need a PVST setup in between or isn't this necessary.

/Arne