[c-nsp] Cisco ASR9k 4.1.1 -> 4.3.2 - LLDP counted as drops?

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Mon Jan 20 03:58:18 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 09:47:32AM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we upgraded a bunch of ASR9k from 4.1.1 to 4.3.2 and we immediatly saw
> low number of drops on nearly all interfaces.
>
> After some debugging it showed that the culprit is LLDP which works
> flawlessly but shows up as interface input drops.

*grrr* another false positive.

LLDP is not the culprit it seems - We do see it on nearly all links
except 10G links to Ericsson Smartedges although we have IPv4/v6+MPLS
on those as on all other links.

We fail to correlate this to np counters and we have Trident card so
we cant monitor the np cause matching packets.

Flo