[c-nsp] ASA5512x VPN route issue

Ulrik Ivers ulrik.ivers at excanto.se
Tue Jul 1 03:58:02 EDT 2014

Hi,

Two things to check:

1. Make sure you have the following in the config:
same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

2. Make sure you have a the NAT rules configured correctly so that the traffic between the VPN clients and the remote LAN is NOT translated (or in fact are NAT:ed to themselves...". Also, the order of the NAT rules are important.

Here's a pretty good writeup:
http://packetpushers.net/cisco-asa-8-38-4-hairpinning-nat-configuration/

/Ulrik